Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lonely traveller


One whiff of O2 and there started my journey
Ignorant about the travails, ignorant about the miles ahead
I touched my little feet on the ground
It took me a while to get a sense of things
And there began my sketch in the grand drawing.

It has been a wondorous journey...

I see many a face, 
Some of them leave me,
I leave some of them,
Some of them become part of me,
I become part of some.
Neverthless each face reflects on me.
I laugh with them,
I cry, I fight,I agree,I disagree, I love,I hate.
A rainbow of emotions leaves me colorless.


Attachments and detachments-both unreal,
Happiness and dissapointment-both cheaters,
Success and failure- famous imposters
Fulfilments and frustrations-2 sides of a counterfeit coin
All of them come and go.

Neverthless I move on,One tread a measure,One foot a time 
I carry memories of the previous step,
I tread the next measure with a sense of false wisdom,
I might rise or I might fall, but I have to keep the next step.
All of them etched in time.

It is a journey within...
It is a journey without...
It is a journey of my soul..
Through the tendrils of time...

Time is the only witness...
Alas He is only a witness...
The cruel teacher, the task master
He makes me toil,He makes me me learn...
And kills me mercilessly in the end...

But do I really die??? 
I do not know.
I do not know my destiny...
I do not know my destination...
I shall know it....when I reach there...
And I shall reach there...alone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Philosophical.... Great writing.... My hats off!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Mr.Tech-O-Philo, Dont let go of that quill....good stuff bro.

Ram Iyer said...

equanimiy brings joy; and the journey to it is thorn-borne..
well he who deems it to be acupressure, realizes he has been acually malady free from the very beginning.. and he who wails through and through tastes the final consolant lasting silence...
either ways.. its exquisite how you have described that the destination is the same for everyone.. unknown in the beginning, sustained joy in the end... and mostly pain in between!

Unknown said...

Gud one anna :) keep writing

Purne Shiva said...

very touching karthik !!